Portable Wifi Hotspot via Satellite
Hughes BGAN 9202
The lightweight Portable Satellite Internet terminal, the BGAN Hughes 9202 is a compact and sleek Wifi enabled broadband device. A budget-friendly and highly attractive class 2 portable terminal, the Hughes 9202 is ideal for remote personnel in industries such as utility, oil and gas, forestry, cable, and telecommunications. Simply put, if you need to get online in a remote area, this solution is for you.
The Hughes BGAN 9202 operates over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) satellite service and provides highperformance connectivity and reliability for the most demanding users and extreme conditions.
Using the world’s smallest class 2 BGAN terminal, users can connect at IP broadband speeds up to 464 kbps, as well as take advantage of such features as built-in multi-user Wi-Fi access and automatic context activation (ACA), including the ability to transmit SMS messages via the integrated user interface (IUI) without a connected laptop, PDA, or other user device.
The display and controls on top of the BGAN Hughes 9202 make pointing extremely simple:
1. Turn power on by pressing the red power button.
2. Press the signal tone button (far right) to get an audible beeping of signal strength.
3. Aim the terminal face toward the sky (beeping sound will increase in speed when a signal is found).
4. Get the highest signal strength reading possible, and then press the "X" register button.
5. If the system is to be used as a wireless access point, press the Wi-Fi enable button.
That is it! Nothing else is required for operation. Any in range device such as smartphones, laptops and tablets may connect via Wi-Fi, or with an Ethernet cable. The BGAN Launchpad software is not required to establish a full use standard connection. Also, any standard analog phone may connect to the RJ-11 port on the side to make or receive calls from anyone in the world.