Hughes 9201 (BGAN)
The HNS 9201 combines ultimate performance with an extremely rugged design. It is the highest bandwidth terminal in the range and one of only 2 class 1 BGAN Satellite terminals to support WLAN connectivity.
It is ideal for either single users using bandwidth-hungry applications, such as live video, or for small teams that need to set up a temporary office with high-speed connectivity to standard data applications.
- 492 kbps IP data (transmit & receive)
- ISDN voice (4 kbps)
- ISDN data (64 kbps)
- Allows simultaneous use of all interfaces (Ethernet, USB, ISDN and WLAN)
- WLAN access point
- Multi-user capability (up to 11 simultaneous sessions)
- Selectable Quality of Service (32 k, 64 k, 128 k or 256 k)
Easy to Use in Semi-Fixed and Portable Environments
The rugged design of the 9201 allows the terminal to be installed outside in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time. Multiple user support allows your entire team to share a single 9201 simultaneously, providing the site with a broadband local area network. The terminal’s small size and weight allows you to easily move it from site to site and be connected again within minutes. When you’re at a remote site, sending and receiving the information you need is critical. The Inmarsat BGAN service, together with the 9201, offers a true alternative network that enables corporate teams to communicate their critical information—anywhere, anytime.
- Full IP compatibility—email, file transfer (FTP), VPN, browsing, etc.
- Compatible with the following VPNs: Cisco–VPN Client V1 or V2.6.3, Nortel–Contivity VPN Client V04_15.06, Netscreen–Remote Client 8.1, Checkpoint–V4.1, and SonicWall.
- Cost effective “always-on” access—only charged for data sent and received
- Easy to install and connects in minutes
- UMTS IP based services
- ISDN Supplementary Services
- FCC, CE, and GMPCS certified
Designed and developed by Hughes, a world leader in satellite systems and services for over 30 years with 1.2 million satellite terminals shipped to over 100 countries.