MSAT-G2 Marine Satellite Radio
Low Monthly Service Fee with Unlimited Talk Time
The MSAT-G2 Marine Satellite Radio, is a powerful new communications tool that works where you do on the water. Designed for use on the Ligado Network, the MSAT-G2 Satellite Radio supports continent-wide Push-to-Talk (PTT) Dispatch Radio and Circuit Switched Voice communications.
In addition, the MSAT-G2 Marine also has data capabilities via the satellite optimizer including sending and receiving emails, file transfer and downloading weather grib files. This terminal is also has GPS capability and flexible interconnectivity to a variety of 3rd party interoperability interfaces, extending the reach of traditional Land Mobile Radio technology. The MSAT-G2 Marine includes an omni-directional marine antenna along with 60 feet of antenna cable.
Why the Leading Tug Boat Companies in the Gulf of Mexico All Depend on the MSAT-G2 Marine
Powered by Ligado, Satellite Two-way Radio allows police, search and rescue teams, firefighters, work crews, drivers and others to stay in touch and get the job done — virtually anywhere.The service covers North and Central America, northern South America, the Caribbean, Hawaii, and coastal waters. The MSAT-G2 is also available for land/mobile (vehicular) applications and inside buildings
MSAT-G2 Two-way Radio is a real-time, voice-based service that provides point-to multipoint and point-to-point communication at the push of a button.The service is a cost effective alternative to installing, maintaining, and relocating land-based two-way radio communications systems.
Listen below as this fisherman talks about his experience using the Marine G2
Delivering service since 1995, Ligado Networks provides mobile satellite services critical to public safety, transportation, energy and industry infrastructure customers. With its state of the art SkyTerra 1 satellite, Ligado connects customers in challenging environments with robust products and services to meet their needs throughout North America.
Ligado is adapting 3GPP standard IoT protocols to deliver connectivity to both satellite and terrestrial devices for 5G IoT networks. This technology will leverage the Ligado SkyTerra 1 satellite to provide robust connectivity to small, low-power devices that are also served by terrestrial mobile networks.
- The satellite acts like a radio tower, turning the entire continent into a single cell, transmitting signals to and receiving signals from subscribers on the ground.
- MSAT radios can have up to 15 user-defined talk groups.
- Single conferences can accommodate up to 9,999 users.
- Network level talk group prioritization feature set for each radio.
- Priority-1 interruption feature enabling users to override a current speaker in the event of an emergency.
- Dial-in dispatch feature enabling a user to join a talk group conversation from the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
- Dial-out dispatch feature enabling a talk group member to dial out to a specific PSTN phone number, bridging the PSTN user into a talk group conversation.